Saturday, April 12, 2014

Smartest person in the room

There is a meme going around Facebook that reads "If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room"

I confess, I don't know what that means? That you should strive to be the dumbest person in the room? In all seriousness though, are they suggesting one should aim for surrounding oneself with smarter people to better your own intellect? I can get behind that.

However, technically, I spend a large majority of my day being "the smartest person in the room". Not that my clients are idiots - far from it - but they're visiting because there is something wrong with their pets and its my job to figure it out. I'm guessing both my clients and my patients, in those moments, are pretty glad I'm the smartest person in the room.

(Although, sometimes I'm still in the wrong room, but that is usually because I'm too busy to pay attention to which appointment is in which exam room and walk in on our other doctor examining a patient...)

No comments:

Post a Comment