Thursday, May 1, 2014

But it wasn't helping

I suppose most people take pills for headaches. Like, today I have a headache. Therefore I will take 1 Advil (or whatever) and - BOOM - headache gone.

They probably don't pause to reflect on instances where they had, say, an infection. One where treatment required several pills, taken on schedule, and multiple doses before relief started. Or, even more dramatic, something like a statin to lower cholesterol. Something where the desired results were obtained only after months of consistent treatment.

I guess today was my lucky day. Two pets with chronic problems, and two sets of owners who wanted instant results. One hypothyroid dog and one asthmatic cat, both of whom did not immediately improve upon instigation of medication. As in, 3 pills did not solve all their ills. So now, several days later, they're calling saying, "My pet isn't better. But I stopped giving the medicine because Fido/Fluffy wasn't better right away so I thought it wasn't working."

*facepalm*

No comments:

Post a Comment