Thursday, March 27, 2014

Phone etiquette Part 1

If you call your veterinarian (or other health professional, for that matter), please leave a phone number where you can actually be reached for a call back.

Nothing upsets A. C. C.'s fabulous receptionists more than asking for a phone number and being told Its in my record or S/He knows my number. Is it really that hard to leave your phone number? Does it take less breathe to argue with my staff than to just leave a number? Since half the time the number in your account has changed, and you didn't bother to inform us, and 100% of the time, our doctors DO NOT know your number (no matter how special you think you are), failure to leave a number usually results in failure of a doctor to call you back.

But if you do leave a number, make sure it works. When I call someone and I get voicemail box is full or voicemail box is not set up, I can not (obviously) leave a message. And I will not try again multiple times throughout the day in an attempt to actually reach a person. I call once. So don't even think about calling my staff and yelling at them for not giving me the message. They did. I called. The malfunction is on YOUR end!

No comments:

Post a Comment